February has been declared to be Stout Month. I have a real problem with that…..why is the shortest month of the year Stout Month? I would suggest that either December or January be Stout Month….that way we would get 3 more days of Stout Loving! OK…enough of that.
I’m actually glad that we have a Stout Month, no matter how many days it has. It gives me a chance to create a top ten list of why I love Stouts! Here they are in no particular order:
10. Love the different adjunct flavors in Stouts….chocolate, vanilla, coffee, chili pepper, coconut……all the way to beets, peppermint…and who knows whats next?
9. Appreciate the different barrel agings and what they do to a Stout….bourbon, whiskey, tequila, wine, sherry, cognac….
8. Love the trend toward Stouts in cans! Looking forward to the Speedway Stout Cans.
7. Would prefer Stouts in 12 oz.(or 16 oz.) bottles….22 oz. bombers is a bit much for one person.
6. Really enjoy trading with my fellow Stout lovers!
5. I like collecting the glassware to match the brewer or Stout.
4. Happy to see collaborations between brewers, coffee roasters, and chocolate chefs (?). Love local sourcing partnerships.
3. I’m happy that if I can’t drink my Stout of choice right away….it’s considered “aging”!
2. Appreciate those brewers who brew a straight down the middle Imperial Stout! Tough to do.
1. I really love the taste of a Stout over any other style….although I like a good IPA from time to time!
Did I miss anything! Why do you love Stouts! Share why you love Stouts with all of us! Leave a comment and let us know why you are a Stout Lover!!
Happy Stout Month!